There’s no point denying it - Hootville Communications builds websites. In fact we are about to start work on a rather large site for a community health service but we digress…
Clients often want a campaign section on their websites. That’s OK but if a campaign is large enough and important enough we recommend a separate, stand alone campaign website separate from the organisational website. Why?
- It significantly boosts your search engine results.
- It stops your campaign priorities being subsumed by a site devoted to all the other things you do.
- It enables you to start a new site, often on a superior content management system with fresh, campaign-specific design and features.
- It is often faster than waiting for your new organisation-wide website to be developed.
- It makes the campaign look more vibrant, dynamic and attractive to prospective supporters.
Two good-to-great examples here:
Think twice about this if your organisation-wide site has healthy traffic and strong SEO (you do know about your traffic, don’t you?). Also; be sure to promote the campaign website on your organisation’s website. CC NSW – you reading this?